Search Funnilogy

An education (of sorts)















A friend of mine has recently started on a photography course, and asked me a few weeks ago if we could go for a camera walk on Hampstead Heath. She wanted me to show her how I take pictures, and it was such an interesting experience. To try and verbalise how I do something I don’t actually think about and do intuitively was really fun. I’m not saying that I’m a teacher or that I know it all, but I pointed out that there are certain things to look for if you want to make a picture more interesting. In a nutshell: light, shadows, the negative space, scale, angles (get down on the ground!) and one of my all time faves: silhouettes – the one that my friend was most excited by. They turned out to be a revelation! Next time I’m taking her to the Barbican, which is my favourite place in the whole of London to take pictures. Can’t wait to see what she makes of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...